Appointments and Announcements
• N E W • The Rev. Christopher VanBuskirk will be made a canon of Christ Church Cathedral. A service of installation and collation will be held Feb. 4 at 4 p.m. at Christ Church Cathedral, where he and the Rev. Rod Black will be officially installed as canons. As well, Rod and the Rev. Canon Keith Osborne will be collated archdeacons.
• N E W • Bishop David Edwards has accepted the resignation of Maren McLean Persaud as director of Camp Medley, effective April 30.
• N E W • The Rev. Canon George Eves has been appointed an honorary assistant in the Parish of East Saint John, effective immediately.
The Rev. Caleb Twinamatsiko has been appointed to the Parish of Pennfield. He, his wife, Hope; their son Tugaine Treasure; and daughter Kanoel Trust, are expected to arrive on Feb. 1, depending on Immigration Canada. Caleb is both a former student of, and for many years, the assistant rector and headmaster of Bishop McAllister College in Uganda, under the direction of the Rev. Canon Paul Jeffries. He and Hope have visited New Brunswick twice in recent years.
Shawn Branch has joined the Synod Office staff as Parish Development Officer on a full-time basis effective Jan. 2. Shawn is the former National Director/Mission Leader at Threshold Ministries.
The ordination of James Appleton to the transitional diaconate will take place Sunday, Jan. 28 at 4 p.m. at Holy Trinity, Nasonworth.
Jan. 20 Jasmine Chandra 10 years a Deacon
CELEBRATIONS OF NEW MINISTRY:
View the full list of diocesan appointments and announcements.
Clergy and Ministry Vacancies
The Bishop invites expressions of interest for the incumbency in the following parishes:
- Parish of Campobello
- Parish of Grand Manan
- Parish of New Bandon
- Parishes of St. Andrew’s Sunny Brae (Moncton), St. Philip’s (Moncton), and Hillsborough Riverside
- Parishes of Waterford and St. Mark’s shared ministry
View an up-to-date list of property transactions within the diocese.