• N E W • Tuesday, March 20, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Chili supper fundraiser at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Hampton for the upcoming youth discipleship trip to Toronto in late April.. Please support these young missional leaders and enjoy some awesome chili while you’re at it. Cost is $10 per person or $25 for a family.
• N E W • Thursday, March 22, 6 p.m. Walking Tacos – a fundraiser supper for the upcoming youth discipleship trip to Toronto in late April. $10 per person, $30 per family. Cathedral Memorial Hall, 168 Church St., Fredericton.
• N E W • Saturday, March 24, 9:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. Lenten Quiet Day at Trinity Church, 115 Charlotte St., Saint John. Guest presenter is the Ven. Brent Ham. Three reflections, time for prayer and meditation, lunch, and Evening Prayer. All are welcome.
Saturday, March 24, 8 – 11 a.m. Monthly Breakfast at St. Luke’s Church Hall, corner of Metcalf and Lansdowne, Saint John. Sausages, bacon, eggs, home fries, toast and beverage. $6 per person. A joint presentation of the Saint John Y Service Club and St. Luke’s with proceeds to outreach ministries.
• N E W • Sunday, March 25, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Family Faith Fiesta Palm Sunday celebration at Christ Church Cathedral. Young families are encouraged to attend this family-friendly, casual service which will include prayer, songs, a visit from Mr. Giggles, snacks and more. Donations will be collected in support of the Cathedral’s Monday Morning Outreach Program.
• N E W • Saturday, April 7, 7-9 p.m. Paint & Sip with local artist Emily Weaver. Come for an evening of painting, desserts and fellowship in support of the youth discipleship trip to Toronto in late April. $40 per person, at Christ Church (Parish Church), 245 Westmorland St., Fredericton. Contact Allyson Caldwell for details: 506-608-7915 or allysoncaldwell at hotmail.com
April 7 Canadian Mothers’ Union council meeting at St. John the Baptist Church, Riverview
• N E W I N F O • April 11, 7 p.m. The Voice of the Martyrs Canada presents “Solitary Refinement,” a one-man show that tells the life of founder Richard Wurmbrand. It takes place at Morning Gate Church, 74 Morning Gate Drive, Fredericton, behind Shannex in Fredericton. Free-will offering. See their videos here: one minute video; two minute video.
Saturday, April 21, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Diocese of Fredericton Mothers’ Union Rally at Trinity Church, Sussex. “In Her Footsteps” is the theme. Cost: $12, with deadline of April 7. Shopping opportunities: Mothers’ Union Literature and Ten Thousand Villages. More information: Lilian Ketch: lilian.ketch at gnb.ca OR Susan Crawford: susandcrawford at gmail.com
April 21, 7-11 p.m. Fundraiser for the Jonathan Young Memorial Amphitheatre at Camp Medley. Dance, comedy, silent auction, snacks and more at the Royal Canadian legion # 69, 714 Wilson St., Saint John. Tickets are $20 at the door, available at St. Paul’s Anglican Church (Rothesay), Diocesan Synod Office (Fredericton), or Greendale Medical Centre (Saint John). The night will feature live music with Gin & Tonic and Sack of Wet Cement, plus comedian Shane Ogden.
Saturday, April 21 Diocesan bowling tournament takes place in Fredericton, Kennebecasis Valley and Moncton to raise money for programs that feed children in our province. Once again this year, parishes are encouraged to form teams and seek sponsorships. T-shirts for $15 will be available soon. Trash talk between parishes is welcome and encouraged! Direct all queries to the Rev. Kevin McAllister: micksizepint at yahoo.ca
April 27-28 Pre-Retirement Conference – Friday evening 5:30-9 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m. at St. John the Evangelist Church, 75 Main Street, Fredericton. Designed for all clergy set to retire in the next five years, but all clergy are welcome. The conference will address transitioning to retirement; what can I do after a life in ministry?; learning to retire with my spouse; pension information; financial planning and more. More information will follow.
• N E W • Saturday, April 28, 4-5:30 p.m. Retirement celebration for Irene Adams, diocesan treasurer, at St. John the Evangelist Church, 75 Main St., Fredericton.
April 28 WE NEED QUILTS! St. Luke’s Church, Main Street, Saint John will hold a Quilt Show & Sale and Tea. The quilt show is from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. with the tea from 11-2. Tickets are $8. Contact the church office for more information: (506) 693-4152. Come and join us!
Friday, May 4 Gala Dinner 2018, a fundraiser for the Atlantic School of Theology with guest speaker Rebekah Friesen, at the Lord Nelson Hotel in Halifax. Reception 6 p.m. and dinner 7 p.m. Tickets $150 per person ($1,500 per table of 10). Reserve your spot before Friday, April 20. Click here for details.
Thursday, May 24 Church fundraising dinner for Trinity Anglican Church, at the Union Club, 125 Germain St., Saint John. Reception 6 p.m. Dinner 7 p.m. Speaker is Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Michael Day, CMM, MSC, CD, MA.This Nova Scotian, retired since 2015, has been deployed to Africa, the Balkans, the Middle East and Afghanistan, with much of his work in Canada’s Counter Terrorism and Special Forces community. Come here this riveting speaker! Tickets: 642-6424, $125 with partial charitable receipt.
Nov. 8 -10 Mark the date for Vital Church Maritimes in Truro. More details TBA