Training Content Overview
Please ask your cleric or the warden of layreaders for assistance if you have questions regarding training.
A Whiff of Eden: Justice, Bread, Forgiveness, Deliverance – Reflections on the Lord’s Prayer by Bishop Bill Hockin – Friday, October 27, 7-9 pm (coffee and refreshments provided) & Saturday, October 28, 9:30 am – 2 pm, with lunch provided – Christ Church (Parish) Church, Fredericton. Call the church office (451-0630) to register.
Reading Scripture and Liturgy in Public – Saturday, October 28th, 9 am to 12 pm, at Christ Church Cathedral, corner of Church and Brunswick Streets, Fredericton. This is a core course for the diocesan layreader training program but is also open to all readers and lectors. Register online here.
Church History: The Reformation – Saturday November 25th, 9:00 am – 2:15 pm, at St. Peter’s Parish Hall, 2385 Woodstock Rd. Fredericton. This session is part of the core training program for all layreaders in the Diocese of Fredericton. Presented by Canon Dr. Ross Hebb. A free will offering to cover refreshments would be appreciated. Agenda | Register
Please read the guidelines for self-study. The following courses can be completed on one’s own when no group-based learning opportunities are available:
Completed a training course or event? Please complete the course evaluation survey
Training Event Record
Keep track of the training events you have attended with the layreader training event record.
- Church Doctrine – presented by Bishop David, May 14, 2016
- See Through the Scriptures – presented by Bishop David, 2015:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- Lord’s Prayer seminar – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, September 2016:
1. Our Father | 2. Your Kingdom Come | 3. Daily Bread | 4. Forgive Us | 5. Save Us
- Prayers of the People – presented by the Rev. David Peer, April 22, 2017
- Sermon Preparation and Preaching – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, March 11, 2017