Training Content Overview
Please ask your cleric or the warden of layreaders for assistance if you have questions regarding training.
Basic Guidelines for Developing Intercessory Prayers of the People – Saturday, September 23, 2017, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (registration and refreshments at 9:30), St. Margaret’s, Lepreau. Facilitated by Cleo Cyr with video instruction by the Rev. David Peer, the session will explain how to develop and present meaningful intercessory prayer and provide an overview of resources available. Register online here. More details and contact info here.
Exploring the Practical Steps to Sermon Preparation and Preaching – Saturday, October 21, 2017, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm , Church of the Resurrection, MacDonald Ave., Grand Bay – Westfield. Led by Bishop Bill Hockin, he will help you explore and interpret a Gospel story for the purpose of preparing and delivering the message.. Details and register online here.
Please read the guidelines for self-study. The following courses can be completed on one’s own when no group-based learning opportunities are available:
Completed a training course or event? Please complete the course evaluation survey
Training Event Record
Keep track of the training events you have attended with the layreader training event record.
- Church Doctrine – presented by Bishop David, May 14, 2016
- See Through the Scriptures – presented by Bishop David, 2015:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- Lord’s Prayer seminar – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, September 2016:
1. Our Father | 2. Your Kingdom Come | 3. Daily Bread | 4. Forgive Us | 5. Save Us
- Prayers of the People – presented by the Rev. David Peer, April 22, 2017
- Sermon Preparation and Preaching – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, March 11, 2017