Training Content Overview
Please ask your cleric or the warden of layreaders for assistance if you have questions regarding training.
- Unpacking the Creeds – Saturday, March 24th, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd, Quispamsis.
- Leading Worship as a Layreader– Saturday, April 28th, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at Holy Trinity Church, 2 Hammond River Rd, Quispamsis.
- Leadership Foundations: Introduction to Leadership, Team Building and Processes of Change – Saturday, May 12th, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at Stone Church, 87 Carleton St, Saint John (during Layreaders’ Day with the Bishop).
- Spiritual Disciplines & Practices Training Module for Layreaders – Saturday, June 2nd, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at St. Andrew’s Hall, 214 Pleasant St, Miramichi.
Please read the guidelines for self-study. The following courses can be completed on one’s own when no group-based learning opportunities are available:
Completed a training course or event? Please complete the course evaluation survey
Training Event Record
Keep track of the training events you have attended with the layreader training event record.
- Church Doctrine – presented by Bishop David, May 14, 2016
- See Through the Scriptures – presented by Bishop David, 2015:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- Lord’s Prayer seminar – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, September 2016:
1. Our Father | 2. Your Kingdom Come | 3. Daily Bread | 4. Forgive Us | 5. Save Us
- Prayers of the People – presented by the Rev. David Peer: Part 1 | Part 2
- Sermon Preparation and Preaching – presented by Bishop Bill Hockin, March 11, 2017